We at Copan Trade know that roasters are constantly searching for exceptional green coffee beans to produce the best cup of coffee. We help facilitate that by:
- Supplying medium to small roasters with green coffee
- Connecting coffee shops directly with local farms
Our Process Vs. Common Suppliers
- We side with roasters to connect them with the origin and quality green coffee beans
- We focus on roasters first
- Buy and stock large homogenized green coffee beans and then try to SELL to roasters. They will push a certain origin or quality based on their supply, not necessarily what’s in the best interest for roasters.
- Common suppliers focus on their inventory first
Origin Trips for Roasters
Because we have great relationships with many local farms, we’re able to offer origin trips to roasters so they can see and feel where their beans are from.
Strengthen your supply chain when you can see and feel
- The quality of the coffee plants
- The well-being and work ethic of farmers
- Overall health of farms your coffee is coming from
- Get security from being able to sense the future strength of a particular farm
Premium Green Coffee Bean
Let us take you to the coffee origins where we select only the highest quality Coffee cherries which are purchased locally from producers, family planted and hand-picked as coffee beans mature at different rates. Coffee pickers must be selective with what coffee cherries they harvest, and will return time and time again to the same plant to see if last week’s unripe cherries are ready to be picked. While this process takes longer and costs more to produce, the results make for the finest bodied coffees, truly worth tasting.
The handpicked farms boast altitudes of over 4,000 ft, which is ideal for growing premium coffee beans. Mostly shade grown with dappled sunlight in the tree covered mountains, our coffee beans mature slowly with the low temperature and sunlight levels, producing the most flavourful and highest quality coffees.
The Coffee plantations help preserve the biodiversity of the rainforest, which is a natural habitat for many migratory bird species. Copan Trade encourages tourists to visit our farms within the rainforest and to see for themselves our commitment to preservation. Origin trips are offered.
Honduran Perfection. Family Owned and Operated.
We at Copan Trade have been respecting and assisting small Honduran producers and their families since opening our doors over 30 years ago. Being here in the heart of Honduras’s coffee producing region, we know that coffee must be produced in an economically, environmentally, and socially sustainable manner if we are to continue to provide you with the finest coffee possible.
Donating and Giving Back
Because we deal directly and personally with every supplier, no matter how small, we are in a unique position to identify the needs of local producers and their communities, and assist them in any way we can. In keeping with our family philosophy, the bulk of our assistance is oriented towards growers’ families. Copan Trade has donated school supplies to growers’ children who otherwise would not have been able to attend classes, and finance elementary schools social activities as an ongoing basis to encourage attendance.